Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:25

That is the verse I found in today's Dillon newsletter! Just what I needed to hear. We are moving up the "waiting for a referral" list at a fast pace, which is both exciting and scary at the same time. I have no idea what number we are on the list, but there have been several referrals this month which jets our names closer to the top of the list. Please pray for us that when we do get "the call" we will be able to make a decision quickly, that we will have perfect peace about our decision.

This last week has been a tough one for our family. Nathan's grandfather went to be with the Lord. We miss him already, but he has left us a Godly heritage and for that we are thankful.

For us, our hope is for a child that the Lord has picked for our family, but for each of you out there, there is something different that is your hope. I want to encourage you as the Psamlist did, Be Strong and Take Heart!

Finally, for those of us in Christ, our ultimate hope is that because of Christ's work on the cross we are forgiven of our sin and we will spend an eternity in heaven. Be Strong and Take Heart!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words are encouraging, hang in there! Just like God knows exactly who is going to buy our house and all the details involved, God has the perfect child already selected for you and Nathan (He even knows how many hairs are on the child's head).

We miss seeing you both, and are remembering you in our prayers.

Jennifer said...

I hope you're feeling better. We missed you at Bible study on Tuesday night.

Meredith said...

So excited to hear you're getting so close! Thanks for the encouraging words!

Mandy said...

Em, I have been praying for Nathan and Amy's family...I know you all miss him so much- he was such a great man! Heaven is so lucky to have him, and you guys have the peace of knowing you will be reunited with him one day!
I know the wait for baby is hard....I know you are so anxious to shower your child with love! But I also know that God's timing is perfect, and He has that perfect baby for you! I am praying that you will move quickly up the list, and God will cover you with peace during this wait.

Yvonne and Eric said...

I'm sorry to hear about Nathan's grandfather.

I am so excited for you to receive your referral! Hang in there!

YvonneW

Micah and Sunny said...

I know we have never met personally but I want you to know I am praying for you today. Specific prayers that I have been praying for our journey in adoptionI am praying out for you today.

Prayers out for you today!

Also, lifting up prayers in your time of loss.

Sunny K