Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Rest of the Story

Since I didn't elaborate very much on Sunday's post - here is goes.

I don't know why, but for some reason over the weekend, it seemed like time. Have you ever had that feeling? We knew we were going to adopt, but for some reason, last weekend seemed like the perfect time to mail in our paperwork.

Nathan went to give a presentation on Sunday afternoon and I stayed home (I wouldn't want to miss my nap, after all it is a day of rest). While he was gone, I had the pictures of us and our house printed out and when he came home, I had all of the papers spread out. We finished up on our signatures and took off to Kinko's to make copies.

Literally, three pounds of paper later, our paperwork was in a box bound for Tulsa, OK.

Now we wait! We wait for a phone call from Dillion to let us know our next step.

This feels like a big step. In some ways it felt like a step out in faith, after all there is no verse in the Bible that says "Thou shall adopt." Or is there? We are commanded to care for the widows and orphans and God uses adoption to describe how we become a part of His family, but that is another blog for another day. I am sure over the next few months of waiting, I will have time to blog on that topic.

In the days since we mailed our packet, some things have happened to let us know that we made the right decision at the right time. We also are aware that God has been protecting us and that He is in control. Isn't it great when that happens? God lets us know by small circumstances that we are doing the right thing.

On a totally different note, tomorrow is our 4 year anniversary. I knew all those seven long years that we dated that Nathan would be a great husband, but I had no idea how great he actually would be. I am so blessed!

Have a great week!

PS - Since we've had a delay, I have reset our ticker! According to Dillon International's website, we should have our baby home in about a year!

3 comments:

amy said...

oh my goodness, doesn't this make it all real?!?! so glad you shared. it will be a wait, but you already know what the Lord says about waiting...your strength will be renewed, you will soar...we're so excited for y'all and will wait patiently with you and hopefully encourage you along the way.

Sisters said...

Happy 4 years and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you 2!

Anonymous said...

Emily, this is just awesome news!! I am so excited for you and Nathan. I'll remember you guys in my prayers. God bless!

Heather