Wednesday, November 7, 2007

National Adoption Month, 2007




Psalm 68:5-6
5
Father to the fatherless, defender of widows—
this is God, whose dwelling is holy.
6 God places the lonely in families;
he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy.
But he makes the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

November is National Adoption Month. My prayer is that God will lay it on the heart of Christian families to adopt. Statistics show that many people have thought about it, but have not followed through.

Nathan and I read a book called "When God Writes Your Love Story" by Eric and Leslie Ludy when we were dating. I just read today that they are in the process of adopting a little girl from Korea. Click here to read their story.

Have a wonderful week.




2 comments:

amy said...

How interesting that you also celebrate your anniversary in the same month! Great verses, by the way. T and C send you both sloppy, poopy kisses, according to T. giggle, giggle, from her...

Sisters said...

I also read that book some years back before I met my Rand...wasn't it so good?!