Thursday, January 3, 2008

Home Study Part 2, Scheduled

We have scheduled part two of our home study in the next two weeks.

Things are moving along and that is thrilling to us! We can't wait to have our baby here with us. Right now, things seem to be moving along because there is a lot to do, but in my mind, I am preparing myself for things to do over the next year or so while we wait. There are things that we must do such as adoption education, more paperwork and preparing for a baby to live in our house, but if you have suggestions on how to pass the time other wise, I am open to hear them.

Speaking of preparing for baby...Amy brought us all kinds of stuff that she no longer needs for a baby. Aren't hand me downs the best? What would we do without them? Also, this baby (who possibly isn't even born yet) received a ton of Christmas presents - ok, we know our family spoils us. Maybe the cutest was my niece Brittni who after all the presents were opened came up to me and held out a tiny pair of purple slippers and said "These are for your baby." The purple slippers came with her new pajamas and were too small for her. Isn't that sweet?

Oh! I want to mention that the "Spa Day" I mentioned in an earlier post is going to be January 26. If you didn't receive information in the mail and would like to come, let me know and I will make sure to get the information to you. It is open to anyone who would like to come. Thank you Melissa, Brittany, Patty and Amy for planning this day for us. It means so much to us.

Nathan's niece and nephew, Carter and Turner are here for a visit until January 12. We are having a ton of fun playing with them! Plus, we have had the occasional opportunity to practice things like diaper changing, shoe putting on and baby feeding! We need a remedial class - do they offer those?

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

How exciting!!! I am praying for you guys as you press on through this journey. I can't wait to one day see pictures of you guys with you sweet baby.

Sisters said...

I love the purple slippers!
AJL

Mandy said...

Woohoo! My kids - well, the boys, in particular- offer plenty of opportunities for you to practice with different scenarios! It would kind of be like a parenting for dummies- or at least the cliff notes! :) I am so excited for you, and would love to have the info on the spa day!