Wednesday, December 5, 2007

More Showers of Blessings

Sometimes in this adoption journey, I find my self thinking, "God did we hear you right? You want us to adopt a baby who lives a world away? You know what a big effort that is? Do You know what enormous cost that is?" Like He doesn't know...but don't you love the fact that we can ask God questions? Each time I think this, I feel like God says yes, this is what He wants us to do. Of course, there is no verse in the Bible that tells me so, there is no billboard (wouldn't that be handy), there is no burning bush, but I can say there is the still small voice. I could tell you many examples of how, when we have stepped out on faith, God has shown us what He intends for us to do. A lot of people told us that this journey would be one of faith and that there would be a lot of ups and downs and from what I understand, our "roller coaster" ride is only beginning.

When we look at the size of this in many ways, we are overwhelmed. This last week was one of needless worry about all the details. We don't know how this will all work out, but we seem to sense God saying "I will supply all your needs." Last week we received several amazing phone calls of support. One that touched both of hearts is a benefit that a local salon wants to do for us at the end of January. We were so touched that these friends would be willing to give up their time and money to help us - we are so humbled. As we know more of the details, I will share them. For now, to the organizers of this day, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you! You are all so kind to want to help us. I don't know if words could adequately express our gratitude.

Thank you also to our family who is very supportive, we could not do this without you!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Em, I can't wait to hear the details! Sometimes His still, small voice has to shout at me, but it is still there. :)

amy said...

so glad you are seeing progress through the gift of friends. it's nice that you are able to witness how many people are invested in your lives and want to see you succeed!

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Isn't it cool how God leads us? You just keep the faith. He has such incredible plans for your life! Thank you so very much for sharing your experience.

Heather