Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Things To Do While We Wait!


So...the question I get asked the most these days is "What do you do now?" My answer, "Wait." Most people look at me perplexed as if to say "Isn't that what you have been doing." Well, yes and no. Like I said, we are officially on the waiting list. All the stuff we have done so far have gotten us to this point "Officially Waiting."

Sure we still have things to do like reading books about adoption, taking on-line courses, taking a CPR class, attending a child care class, completing more paperwork, getting fingerprinted. As you can see, it is not idle waiting.

Here is Nathan's plan (please note this is a modified version of his plan for the waiting that occurred between the time he "popped the question" and the time we could put a wedding together) - we need to clean an organize. I suppose if it were my idea people would call it nesting. I am not sure of the term used for when a Dad to be does this. His thought (which I have to say is right) is that we have to fit another person, who comes with a lot of stuff into this house, we need to get better organized. So...for the last few weeks, we have been going through every room, drawer by drawer, closet by closet and cleaning and reorganizing. Before I get all kinds of post suggesting this, let me make this clear...we are not coming to your house next.

I have let Nathan take the lead and let me tell you it is going great! I am pleased with our progress. I am also taking full advantage of this time, I know it won't be long until Nathan is spending every free weekend moment in our yard. He has already mowed our lawn once this year! He loves yard work. Good thing because I don't like it.

I do have one question, "How do two people accumulate so much junk?" Needless to say, we are having a huge garage sale the first weekend in May. Sad thing is, it hasn't been that long since we had a garage sale!

Have a great week!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I hope your wait goes quickly. It's so hard to always hurry up and wait. My wait seems to be surfing the net. It keeps me busy seeing what others are doing.

Jill from Dillon waiting on Jaelynn

Becky said...

Hi Emily,
I found your blog on the CWO blogroll. I was searching for blogs of other adoptive families.
I love this entry on waiting! And, I know where you are, and how hard it can be! You can see my 2 beautiful blessings by clicking on my blog. The waiting is so worth it!
Hope you don't mind me checking in on your journey every once in awhile.
Praying for you as I've been there! God works miracles through adoption!

Mandy said...

When we got married and moved into our first house, we actually MOVED into the entire house. There were two of us, and we spread out into ALL three bedrooms!! We had our bedroom, I had stuff in a bedroom, and Chuck had stuff in the other bedroom!! When I got pregnant with Katie, we had to do the exact same thing! We had a lot of junk to get rid of!! It was crazy!! I hope you and Amy enjoyed the excellence that is the two of you on your birthday! :)

Jennifer said...

Come on Emily, I know you want to come to my house to help organize.

Yvonne and Eric said...

We are in the same boat and it's difficult now that we don't have all of the paperwork and parent education to work on. At least then we felt like we were accomplishing SOMETHING. However, we're moving in a month and my sister-in-law is due around then too, so hopefully those things will keep us distracted/busy.

Whenever the wait gets to be too much, let me know because I'm sure we're feeling the same thing!

Yvonne W