Monday, March 3, 2008

Officially Waiting

So...we got our good news today! Our home study has been approved and we have received it in the mail. We are on the official waiting list. Wooo Hoo! Needless to say we are thrilled as are our families!

We have been on the waiting list with about 15 other families since February 25. We could wait for up to a year, but we are praying that the wait is about 6-9 months because referrals seem to be coming much faster these days.

We can now complete grant paperwork and immigration paperwork. My Mom asked "Ok, then what do you do?" My response, "We wait." Her response "I thought we were already waiting!" My niece, Brittni, thought that possibly waiting until Christmas seemed like "forever." We don't want to wish our lives away or miss one thing that God has in store for us, but we do look forward to having our baby with us.

Two weekends ago Mom and I went to a lady's conference in Northwest Arkansas. It was over at noon so, this gave us a great opportunity to go baby shopping. I remember thinking that it doesn't even seem real that I am having/getting a baby. I think it is different for adoptive parents versus biological parents since there is no baby growing inside of me, some days, it doesn't seem real.

Well, today it felt real! It was kind of like what I imagine it would be like to go to the doctor to confirm you are pregnant, you know, the time you hear the heart beat? You may have taken a home test, but something about hearing the heart beat makes it seem more real. That is how it felt today, "yes, you have been approved and you are officially waiting" - hit us with both a sense of excitement and awe at the fact we are going to be parents.

Mom and I picked out a baby bed, so Nathan's first question was, "Did your Mom get that bed ordered?" I assured her that yes she did, but we would have plenty of time before the baby got here. It is odd to think that this "baby" will probably be about 8 months old. I think it hit my niece, Brooklyn for the first time while we were shopping. "What do you mean this baby won't need a swing! Don't all babies need a swing?"

I am so happy that are families are excited for us...what a blessing.

Well, I must come down off cloud nine and get some things done around here. I hope you all have a great week.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yippee! That is so exciting!

Carissa said...

Oh congratulations!

Mandy said...

That is the best news! I'm so excited for you!! Now, about that light house thing....... :)

Meredith said...

Yeah!! Very exciting news. Congratulations!!

Sisters said...

I am so thrilled for you and Nate!
AJL

Dania Efird said...

Congrats! We're awaiting that same exact phone call!

Julie said...

I'm so excited for you! Congrats, I know you have been waiting so long. Know maybe you can call the waiting-anticipation. So here is the question every new mom gets-
So you have names picked out?
I love you guys so much! Julie

amy said...

as the adoring aunt-to-be, i am just so excited to meet our little one whenever he/she waltzes into our lives. get ready, because 6-9 months goes really, really fast!!! then again, it always goes faster for everyone else, who's not as eagerly in anticipation as we all are! glad you got some good news, finally!!!

Matt and Jolee said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear such great news. I love hearing the excitement in your "voice."

Nicole said...

Wow!! THAT IS SUPER!