Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pregnancy Help Center Walk for Life

Amy (my favorite sister in law) and I have something in common - previously unknown to me until this last week. We are both participating in a walk for a Pregnancy Help Center.

Mine is this weekend. I have been on the board of the local Pregnancy Help Center for about the last year. Women who find themselves in a position of an unplanned pregnancy is an issue that is close to my heart. I admire anyone who makes the right decision in a time of crisis. It is my opinion that they right decision for these women to either parent their children or place them for adoption with another loving family. I am thankful that in my community there is a place that is equipped to help women work through those decisions.

If you would like to help me out by making a donation, please let me know. The rules are the same as the one Amy is walking in. You don't have to send me money, the Pregnancy Help Center will send you a bill.

I agree with Amy, thank goodness it is a flat donation and not per mile. Unlike Amy, I would never make any money for my distance.

If you or someone you know is facing an unplanned pregnancy, you are not alone! Please contact this website for help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, Will you email me? I'd like to make a donation. This is close to my heart, too...my niece is adopted from a similar agency in Tulsa.

sdewoody@hotmail.com

amy said...

put us down for $25, for my fav. sis-in-law! glad we're on the same page!