Monday, September 29, 2008

What's Happening Now!

The number one question I get asked these days is "When will Owen be home?" The basic answer is 3-6 months. This answer is usually followed by the questioner sucking all the air out of the room and saying "WHY?" The reason is that we still have paperwork to complete to receive permission from both countries to bring Owen to the United States. He must receive both a travel visa and a passport. As you know, these things can take time. Please pray that he will be home by Christmas. Not just because we want him with us for Christmas (which we do) but it is better for all of us the sooner he is home.

So...I am still on Cloud 9! I have been so excited making all the plans. First, I had a visit from "The Stork." Is this what you thought the stork would look like?

Yep, that is him! Our "stork" works for Fed Ex. That package he is carrying...contains the official acceptance paperwork that we had to sign and return to Dillon. We have returned that paperwork back to Dillon and now we are waiting on our "Legal" paperwork. That package should come any day.

We also got to prepare a care package for Owen and his foster mom. We could only send a one gallon bag. It was a challenge, but a fun challenge. Here is a picture of the contents of our care package.
As you can see, we sent a burp cloth (made by Grandma), a photo album for Owen, a photo album for the foster mom, a couple of toys, a teether, a animal/blanket, lotion and chocolates. That bag was full! I also sent a letter to Owen's foster mom thanking her for taking such good care of our son.

Please continue to pray for us. It is the strangest feeling to be parents and have your baby be a world away. Please pray that our documents make it through all the proper channels quickly. We can't wait to have our little guy home with us.

8 comments:

Roger Lightner said...

Well, It is about time...J/K But seriously I have been checking your blog daily. Thanks for the update. We are still praying for you all. - Trish

Dusty and Kathryn said...

Emily we are so excited for you guys and hope everything goes in record time to get Owen home!

KathrynN

Lisa said...

I love your description of the exchange that happens when people ask,"How long?!" That is so true! And then they express this outrage and rail against the system. Like WE have ANY control over the matter! My favorite is when they say that they just couldn't wait and they would just travel now! Yeah, right!

Sisters said...

I love this, Emily...it is the coolest story.
AJL

Dania Efird said...

We are praying that he is home by Christmas! I have a question for you also, where did you get the little "who loves baby" book? I know it's a photo album, and I haven't looked at baby things in a very long time(our youngest is 4 1/2) so I was just wondering! I'd love to send one for our baby when we get our referral! Thanks, Dania

Anonymous said...

Emily, I cry every time I read ANYTHING about Owen on your blog. I am constantly looking for updates. I hope that doesn't sound stalkerish, I'm just truly, deeply, thrilled for you all. Can't wait to have a playdate together!

Leigh Ann said...

love the care package--- i am still praying for Owen and the two of you!

Yvonne and Eric said...

You stay on your Cloud as long as you want!! Enjoy your time preparing for Owen's homecoming - it will be sooner than you think, trust me!

Yvonne