Monday, October 27, 2008

Where We Are and What's Going On Update

Where we are?
Waiting - big surprise there, huh? Right now we are in the process of waiting on the US government and the Korea government to grant the necessary permissions for Owen to come home. We have completed all necessary paperwork for now and so we just wait.

Big news is that we have finished all the education requirements for the adoption. Even Nathan has finished the two books he agreed to read. He told me last night it was nice to be able to read whatever he wants to without these books hanging over him.

What's Going On?
First, we got a DVD of Owen. He is the cutest thing ever! It shows him basically interacting with his foster mom. They seem to really love each other.

Next, we are:
working on his room and yes, I changed the color scheme.
preparing to travel
making some final home repairs
finishing our Christmas shopping
fine tuning the home organization
So, as you can see, we are very busy and overwhelmed.

We are planning to travel. After seeing more pictures of him I really want to be the one to go pick him up and I want to be able to thank his foster mother in person. We are very excited about our change of plans.

We did receive a bit of good news this week. We received approval on our I600 form. It is just one of the many forms we have to complete in order for Owen to come home. This usually takes about a month to get approved and ours was approved in ONE day. I am thrilled. Please keep up the prayers that the rest of our paperwork goes fast too. We still would love to have him home for Christmas.

Have a great week.

6 comments:

Sisters said...

It sounds so exciting!!!
AJL

Trish said...

Christmas shopping? WHAT?? Y'all are awesome! I haven't even thought about shopping yet. We will continue to pray for you guys in your travels, and the wait. Love ya!

Mama E said...

I've been thinking about you guys! I'm glad you checked in.

Hopefully the next steps will move quickly for you!

Jennifer said...

That's great that things seem to be moving quickly and smoothly. I'm sure you both were thrilled to receive the DVD. That is so exciting!

Kristen Rodgers said...

Oh, thank you so much for the update. I was wondering what was going on. I bet it is so wonderful to watch that DVD. He is just so precious, Emily. I'm so glad you guys are going to be able to go get him. That will be the most incredible trip. I wish I could be the stranger sitting next to you on the plane on the flight home.

Mandy said...

Oh, I can't wait until you get him home!! I'm so happy for you!!