Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ring Phone Ring



Can you will a phone to ring? Is chanting Biblical? Both are questions I asked my dear friend Tasha, in an email today. She thinks perhaps if we put the chant to music, we can call it a praise song and then it would all be o.k..



It is quite comical to see me these days with my cell phone always within ear shot if not in my hand! Waiting for "the phone" call has become a daily ritual. Should the phone be out of my reach and start to ring, you should see me as I begin to scramble, flip flop and whatever else it takes to get the phone before it stops ringing. The other day I noticed that I was taking it with me to the bath room! Come on - what would I do if it rang while I was in there? I gave myself a really good lecture "You know, this is what they have caller ID and voice mail for! Do you really think that they would give your baby to someone else if you couldn't get to the phone?"

My mind does wander frequently to our baby who is in the care of a very capable foster mother half way around the world. This yet to be identified baby captures my attention often. What is he (or possibly she) doing right now? Is he happy, hungry, tired or dirty? Please let him be happy, content and loved in the care of his foster family. I want to know all about him and be the one giving him all good things. I love him so much and I don't even know him! Even though he is not growing in my tummy, he grows in my heart every day.

We will hang in there, we will remain strong, we will keep up the fight. That baby is so worth it. I am inspired by my Heavenly Father who thought I was worth it to. If He hadn't fought for me, I would be destined to remain an orphan.

Ephesians 1:5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.

9 comments:

amy said...

good post. i could make you a haiku. you're right, you will hang in there, yadda, yadda, just give us a baby already!!!!

Mandy said...

I know that you know that it is going to happen; but, I am with Amy- enough already!

Dania Efird said...

I know exactly how you feel! And we're further down the list than you guys are!! Prayers that the phone will ring soon with great news for you!

Dusty and Kathryn said...

I loved your post! I am praying for you Emily - we CANNOT WAIT to hear that you got "the call". Your baby is coming so soon!

Micah and Sunny said...

RIng phone, ring. Ring phone, ring. I'm doing a chant, singing, praising God...whatever it takes for you!!!! Come on baby!!!!!

Sunny K
(doing the same song and dance for myself and all the others!)

Micah and Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I will do a phone ring dance for you. BTW. I got our referral call when I was in the bathroom at work. I couldn't catch the phone in time. When I got back to my desk, for some strange reason I thought I should also check my cell phone. And noticed that our social worker had called.

So...you never know...bring that phone everywhere with you...

Yvonne and Eric said...

It's always interesting to see just how small the thread is on which our sanity hangs, huh? I am so dying for our phone to ring too, but a referral announcement from you would truly make my day - hope it's soon!

Yvonne

Micah and Sunny said...

Emily,

It is the middle of the night and I just woke up and was thinking about you! I know this last little bit of waiting is just crazy difficult and exciting and I am saying prayers for you (even right now). I so know (at least in part) how you feel. God bless your patience, I always look to your blog for encouragement and a happy tone! You always deliver, but I still know it is hard, hard, hard.

Sunny