Friday, January 23, 2009

Home...One Month Today

One month ago today our long journey from South Korea began for the three of us. It was also the beginning of our journey as a family of three. So much has changed for all of us in the last month, but I can truly say we are all bonding very well.

I got a haircut today and Owen stayed with Grandma (Nathan's Mom). When I came in he gave me a big kiss. It was so sweet! He also knows I am going to smother him with kisses and he puts his cheek to my mouth in anticipation.

When Nathan comes home at night I tell Owen "I hear Daddy!" His eyes light up and he starts to kick his feet. When Nathan walks in he cackles.

Last Saturday night we heard for the first time his all out belly laugh. He has another little squeal that he makes to laugh, but this was a belly laugh.

All around, he is so much more comfortable with us, his home, his grandparents, his toys and our friends. You can see that he trust us with things like feeding, diaper changing, bath time and bed time. It is amazing to see the transformation.

Last night he slept in his bed all night...didn't even wake up for a bottle! We were shocked. We kind of both got worried about 5 something this morning, but we didn't check on him until 7ish. He did great. I think that has to do a lot with his comfort level.

He is working on four teeth! Two are pretty much in a we have two that are very close. Really, he has not been all that fussy about his teeth. He is a very easy baby.

Thanks for all the prayers for my friends who were waiting for their babies to come home...they are all home now. Also, our friend Woody is doing better as is Harper Stamps.

Thanks also for praying for our family. This amazing transition is due to all the prayers that people have offered for us.


7 comments:

Mandy said...

Em, your Owen update just made me smile the entire time I read it! I cannot express how happy I am for all three of you!!

Sisters said...

How heart warming. I love it.
AJL

Tracy said...

So glad things are going so great. Your son is lovely...Tracy

Anonymous said...

So cute! he is a lovely boy ♡!

Anonymous said...

So cute! he is a lovely boy ♡!

mrs. Yang

Yvonne and Eric said...

What a cutie patootie!! Loving that smile of his! Isn't it amazing that it's been a month already?! I'm so happy to hear that Owen's adjustment is going so well. Keep the updates (and pictures, of course) coming!

Yvonne

Sisters said...

What a sweet post. I'm so glad everything is going so fantastic for you!
I just saw the pics of him on Leighann's blog and he is just precious. He looks like a little man. I know you are so proud.
Julie