Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sweet Success!

Guess where we slept for the last two nights? Yes! Our bed! It was wonderful...I am not quite the boy scout that Nathan is, so I am thrilled to be back in my bed. It seems like so long ago, because we haven't been in our bed for most of the night since we left for Korea.


Guess where Owen slept for the last two nights? You guessed it, his bed.
I know the victory could be short lived, but it is a victory none the less. He woke up both nights for his mid night bottle and then went back to sleep in his bed. In an effort to have full disclosure, the first night was not that easy. He was wound up after his bottle and had a hard time going back to sleep for an hour and a half or so, but he eventually went back to sleep and I put him in his bed and made a mad dash for mine. I am hoping this is a trend that continues.

In other Owen news...he is pulling up (holding my hands) like crazy. I think he would pull holding my hands 24/7 if I let him. We sense that he is feeling a lot more relaxed with us and in our home. We also feel more relaxed with him. Sleep may be the key factor there for all of us.

I have a couple of prayer request.

First, our dear friend Woody is having quadruple bypass on Monday morning. This man is a friend of ours from church. He was our 7th and 8th grade Sunday School teacher. To hear him tell it, we flunked and had to repeat his class. He and his family are very dear to us and we would appreciate your prayers.

Also, would you please pray for three of our friends who are DESPERATE for a travel call? One family received their referral at least two weeks before we did. I know this is very hard for all of them. I am sure they will hear something very soon, but weekends can be very hard, because you usually don't expect any information over the weekend.

You can follow their stories on their blogs:
Donna
Sunny
Melinda

6 comments:

Mandy said...

You are so sweet to make a request for my dad! Love ya girl! And to hear him tell it, he has always known he was a miracle, and it's about time the rest of us knew it too! :) So glad Owen is doing so well!

Micah and Sunny said...

Emily,

Okay, so I just love you....can I say that? I know we are just blog and forum buddies, but seriously. You rock. I honestly think we are going to Korea next week (call it discernment, call it optimism, call it craziness...who knows).

I am so happy that Owen (and his mom and dad) got some sleep...that is AWESOME. I hope it is a trend that won't stop.

Sorry to hear about your friend Woody. Just said a prayer for him, his family, and Mandy (above comment), as well as all my waiting buddies and new mommies.

Thanks again, Emily...it really means a lot for you to be thinking of us during this time.

Project Korean Stork said...

Emily,

You are so sweet to include us in your post! Thanks, too, for praying. I'm with Sunny, I'm hoping for TC early in the week (preferably Monday a.m.)!!

I'm constantly looking for updates on your blog - so glad Owen is sleeping well. Sleep helps you be a good mommy and daddy:-) He is a cutie!

Blessings, Melinda

Anonymous said...

I know these comments are supposed to be all nice and lovey dovey. You know we love you guys to bits and miss you terribly!! I just need to question you on the picture of your bedroom. Are you sure that's your room? It never looked that neat when we were part of your household! Parenthood must be doing Nainny wonders! Seriously we love you guys and are glad you're finally getting some sleep. Hugs from way down here so far away xx

Yvonne and Eric said...

Isn't it amazing what a difference a decent night's sleep makes?! Hope it continues and keep the updates coming!

Yvonne

Dina said...

Hi Emily!
Thanks for sharing your story. We are waiting for the CALL to travel to pick up our little girl, could be any day now... ahhhhhh!!!. I loved reading your count down, we will probably stay at Eastern also. Owen is beautiful!
Dina