Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Count Down to Korea - Day 1

Here we are! Today is the last day before we start off on our journey to meet our son. I can hardly believe this day is here. When I left work, it was like it hit me...it is really tomorrow that we leave! After a last minute errand, I came home and I am finishing all those last minute things that have to be done, bags need to be packed, last minute dishes done, work on what is left of the Christmas cards. I don't know how we are going to get everything in the bags that we need to. I sit here typing really nervous about the trip and the journey of motherhood. It will be a new journey and a new adventure...I can't wait!

The next time we post will be from Korea...how exciting is that?

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yippee! We'll be praying for your exciting new journey.

Yvonne and Eric said...

LOVE your Christmas card - such a great idea to use one of Owen's pictures that you've received! I thought you might wait until he's home, but let's face it, you definitely won't have time to send out Christmas cards anytime soon! :)

Can't wait to see you holding your son, Mommy and Daddy!

Yvonne

amy said...

We are so proud of you both!!! Welcome to parenthood. Do you have your helmets on? =) We'll be praying for you during your travels and pray that Owen sleeps on the plane, not the whole way, of course, so he'll sleep at home. So excited!!!!! I can't stand it!!!! Love, Aunt Amy

Micah and Sunny said...

So, so, so happy for you guys. I also LOVED the Christmas card, that is just the cutest picture of your little guy in his hat!

I cannot believe you are meeting Owen on Friday. We are totally praying for you, your trip, and the transition. God bless you all!

Tracy said...

I am praying for your safe and uneventful trip to Korea. Enjoy all of your journey and your handsome baby! Can't wait for updates.
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop in and say that I'm praying for you guys today. May God grant you safe travel and bless your transition.

Dania Efird said...

You're in the air as I type this! We can't wait for you guys to get here!

Leigh Ann said...

I've checked your blog at least 300 times today, I think you said you would see him today our thursday your friday?

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing time for the two of you. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of your new family. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.