Sunday, December 14, 2008

Count Down to Korea - Day 3

Look at that small number! Have we packed? Nope, not a thing! I have an idea of all the things we need to take, but no idea how we are supposed to get it all in one bag each! Did you know the airlines charge to check your bags now? We are determined to only take one bag each. I think we have made our final shopping run and now we just have to get it in bags.

Today was spent going to church and relaxing - well I did. Nathan had a meeting this afternoon at church. Melissa came by and checked out the nursery. I thought you all might like a "virtual tour" also. I am pleased with how it turned out, I hope Owen likes it too - well enough to sleep in there.
Here is his bed. Over his bed we have the airplane picture that Aunt Amy made for him. For right now I hung it on an existing nail. I am going to lower it and we plan to add a piece of Korean art work (probably name art) to go with it. You can also see the brass lamp we painted black and put a new shade on in the right corner as well as a wicker ottoman and a red picture frame. This frame was the very first thing we purchased for Owen's room.

This is his changing table. Excuse the mess, it is currently our catchall for packing. You can see his child size chair holding a panda bear. Not much to say about a changing table. I will say that if you were actually in his room versus taking the virtual tour, you would notice that we have a bit of an Asian theme going on in the room. We like it because it was different and because the color scheme matched the rest of our house.


Here we have his "gentleman's chest." You will notice his Build-A-Bear in a Korean hanbok from Grammy (my Mom) and a white ceramic elephant from Grandpa (Nathan's Dad). You will also see a flag stand. Currently it has a U.S. flag and an Arkansas flag, but we will soon replace the Arkansas flag with a Korean flag that he will be given when he leaves Korea.



Here is his book shelf and his wicker chair (goes with the ottoman). You can also see the other picture painted by Aunt Amy and you can see his curtains. Here is a closer look at the curtains that their fabric. His curtains and bed skirt were custom made by Grandma (Nathan's Mom).

Well it is off to finish about three things before I go to bed. Hope you have a great week.


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's beautiful!

Tara said...

Emily,
I know you must be getting so excited! I wanted to let you know that most airlines will allow 2 bags each when you are leaving the US. I don't know which airline you are using, but I know that Delta and American Airlines both allow 2 bags. Just a tip.

Tara

Sisters said...

So cute. I will be praying for you 3 this week as you become a family. It gives me chills!
AJL