Friday, December 19, 2008

Here is the Long Awaited Picture!

Yes, you ready right...picture! We only have one. We didn't want to freak him out too much so we tried to play with him more than make pictures. We do have some video, but I don't really know how to put that on here. LeighAnn, I could have used you here to make pictures while we played.

This is a picture of us with Owen and his foster mom and her daughter. They are both very sweet and we can tell they love our boy very much. They are able to get him to laugh very easily. He is actually laughing in this picture with his Daddy holding him. I hope that soon we will make him laugh too. Oh!!! Guess who has no teeth yet? They said he does love to eat fruit...tangerines. After this post I am taking bets as to which grandmother can show up the quickest at Christmas with a tangerine for his stocking!

Seoul is incredible and we are having the best time exploring. The people at the Eastern Social Welfare are wonderful (our Korean adoption agency and where we are staying). I spent about half an hour today rocking babies in the nursery! Meeting Owen was the highlight, but the babies were second. We also went to this HUGE bookstore. Seriously makes Barnes and Noble look like a 7-11. We did venture out, not too far out, and tried some Korean food. We have a few pictures that Nathan took and I am not sure what they all are so I will try to get him to post and explain. He wouldn't let me make pictures of our bulgogi pizza, which by the way was awesome! I want to go back to Pizza Hut (yes, Pizza Hut) for more before we leave!

Our Dillon friends, Brent and Dania, are here and we've met two other families, so that is fun to get to meet other couples. Most everyone's meeting with their babies went about like ours. We have been looking at his picture for three months, studying his face and falling in love. He knows nothing of us. This has to be hard for him. Say lots of prayers for Tuesday. It will be a hard day for all three of us!

We are off to bed and then up for a day of shopping and sight seeing tomorrow.

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like things went great. I will be praying for Tuesday to go wonderfully.

Tracy

Paul and Doris said...

Don't worry, I'll get the tangerine today!Love you all

Melissa Southerland said...

That picture is precious of him. Have a fun time shopping and sight seeing and we will be praying for Tuesday to go great!

Leigh Ann said...

so glad to see you three together. Have a blast today and tomorrow and we will see you three next week. I'm praying for you!

Mama E said...

What a cutie! I'm so happy you made it there safely!

Enjoy your time in Korea!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, as soon as I checked your blog, I went and told EVERYONE here at Parker. We are sooo excited for you. He is absolutely ADORABLE!!!

Yvonne and Eric said...

What a darling! That smile is amazing! So glad to hear you arrived safely and had a good first meeting with Owen (really, is there any other kind?).

Have fun sightseeing!
Yvonne

Jen said...

I found you through Leigh Ann's blog and just wanted to stop by and say CONGRATS on your beautiful son!! What an incredible Christmas gift for your family! :)

Robyn said...

I, too, found you through Leigh Ann. We are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia. I loved reading your story! Congratulations! He is precious!

Shelly said...

Congratulations to you guys! It's so awesome to see you all together as a family! Enjoy your time in Korea!

Shelly McCain
(also a Dillon Mom)

Trish said...

Congratulations!I so wish I could be there to see that lil man! I will be praying for your trip home and there after.

Mandy said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! I can't stop smiling after seeing your picture!!! Welcome to the adventure of parenthood...it's a great ride!